Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shoes Blues, Part Deux

Wow. So I got my new Mizunos. I didn't think my old ones really seemed THAT worn down from the outside, but I took a look at the soles of the new vs the old. The old ones have places that are so worn down, I'm practically running on the cushion instead of the tread. I took some pictures but I'm not sure they do the issue justice. Still, have a look.


The first shot shows the drastic wear down of the heel tread on the sole of the right shoe (the side where my hip hurts!) The interior edge of the wedge is almost completely gone. I've worn it down to the cushion area, and you can see that the cushion (white) portion has begun to start wearing down, too. The photo beside it is the NEW shoe, same location.


This is the same spot, but a different angle. Here you can see the tread is completely worn down smooth on the old shoe. I had NO idea it was this worn down until I compared it with the new shoes.


There were several other spots that seemed rather shocking to me when I closely examined both old and new shoes, but these were the most easy to see in photographs. Don't overestimate the life of your shoes, people! Tomorrow's run will be really telling. I'm anxious to see if I can tell a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment