Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Music to my ears

A lot of people have been asking me what I like to listen to when I run. I've mentioned some things before, but I thought I'd share part of the playlist I used for my 20 mile run. I say part because I have 7 hours worth of music on my current running playlist. That's because the San Diego Rock N' Roll Marathon has a time limit of 7 hours. I know if I get to certain songs on the list, I need to speed it up. Of course I'm not planning on it actually taking me 7 hours, but you never know what can happen in 26.2 miles...
Anyway, here's a portion of what my iPod's currently playing for a long run. I've included links to MP3 downloads on Amazon whenever possible. Maybe you'll find something that inspires you in here:

15 Step - Radiohead
Life - Beckah Shae
Let it Roll - Matt Dally and Superchick
Old Dirt Hill - Dave Matthews Band
Hey Hey (Vampires vs Cheerleaders mix) - Superchick
Avalanche - Manafest
Karaoke Superstars (Shiny Car Advert mix) - Superchick
Boomin' - tobyMac
Anabasis - DJ Steve Boyett (Podrunner podcast, about an hour long, can be found for FREE on iTunes)
Strobe's Nanafushi - Kodo
Lion - Kodo
Kashira - Kodo
Strong - DJ Steve Boyett (another Podrunner podcast)
Here in This Moment - Beckah Shae
Hearing Damage - Thom Yorke
Jump - Van Halen

No comments:

Post a Comment