I'm still not running and it's been 3 weeks today. I think I have been able to stay marginally sane during this period, but I will start to lose it if things don't progress a little faster soon! The waiting and resting and icing and stretching and waiting some more is so hard! I'm still planning to do a 5-mile trail race in March, and at this point, I don't know if I could even complete 2 miles without falling over. I need to get back to running and soon! The good news is, today I noticed that I didn't have pain while walking on flat surfaces. This is improvement!
In the meantime, I am having fun leading my CCA kids as Head Coach for their 100 Mile Club challenge. This awesome organization promotes running for fun and fitness, awarding kids with cool incentives for running miles throughout the school year. The program culminates with every student that runs 100 miles over the course of the year receiving a gold medal. It's fun for me to watch the kids get excited about how far they've run and how much further they have to go to get their medal. I guess I'm living vicariously through them...and some of them definitely look like they'll continue to have running in their futures. Helping them keeps my mind elsewhere, and off the waiting that I continue to do!
The Surf City race is coming up next weekend, and while I have countless friends participating, I will be sitting this year out. It was a decision I made quite a while back since the race falls on the weekend of my husband's birthday. Turns out I made a good choice skipping it this time since there's no way I would've been able to train with this injury and probably would've ended up DNF'ing if I'd tried to push myself. (DNF is an acronym for Did Not Finish. This is what appears as your "time" if you don't cross the finish line!) Wishing lots of luck to all my pals who are running it on Superbowl Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment