Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Confession

Today marked the official two week mark for me not running. So, of course, I decided to "test the waters" a little. I went to the gym and walked for 15 minutes on the treadmill. Then I SLOWLY ran for 5 minutes. That felt okay. I walked again for 5 minutes, ran again for 5. Worked my way up to running for 10 minutes and started to feel a twinge, so I stopped right away. I switched to the stair climber, then did some strength training. I'm 'fessing up about running a little, but I'm calling it a victory because so many times in the past, I would've felt the twinge and kept going.

Good news: I'm slowly, stubbornly learning to listen to my body. Bad news: it still hurts to run for very long. Back to crosstraining I go. The stair climber and I are becoming friends.

Okay now I have an important question. A bunch of my running pals are into the compression sock thing. I really love my "armies", but I typically just use them to keep my arms warm in cooler weather until I heat up enough to take them off. Do I need compression for my legs when it's too warm for tights? I admit I like running in tights because I actually do feel like my muscles don't get tired as fast, but if I'm running in capris or shorts are compression socks really going to help? What about hot weather? Don't they get too hot? Obviously, unlike arm warmers, you can't strip these off while you're still moving if they do get too warm. Weigh in, people! I want to know.


CEP Running O2 Compression Socks (Pink, 9.5 - 12.25- Inch)

Compression socks. Hot or not?


No comments:

Post a Comment