Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Great Scott!

I just got back from a family vacation in Phoenix, AZ. What a great time! We spent some time over in Scottsdale and I'm super excited that I get to go back and visit again when I run the Women's Half Marathon there in November. The greater Phoenix area is absolutely FULL of bike paths, trails, parks, a canal way and runner friendly streets with wide bike lanes and sidewalks. (Case in point, check out this trail run map...crazy!! Everything I saw seemed really clean and well-maintained. Aside from the fact the the insane heat would really stymie running during daylight hours, I loved the place. I saw a little of the route I'll be running in the Fall (when it's hopefully much cooler!!) and got to check out a local running store...Sole Sports. My family was very indulgent in taking a time-out from all our vacation activities to let me check out the local running scene a little and wander around the store. The gals in there were super helpful and got me all outfitted in a pair of brand new Brooks Glycerin 9's...oooooh, do I love them. (Thanks, hon!! I have the best husband in the world!!) They also gave me a few tips about the Women's Half and the hotel we'll be staying at. Sole Sports is one of the sponsors of the race, so I really hope to run into them again.

While I was in the store, I noticed they had single serve Nuun tabs, so I picked up one in a flavor I hadn't tried. Tri-Berry was not bad! I had planned to take it out on a run around the area near our hotel, but it turned out to be much too hot outside for my taste, so I sucked it up and had a treadmill run instead. (Which wasn't even too bad because I had my new Glycerins on!) I really can't wait to go again at a cooler time of year and check out more of the great running spots I saw. Scottsdale rocks! Has anyone else been there??
Brooks Women's Glycerin 9 Running Shoe,Black/Metallic Pavement/Aquarius/Silver,9.5 B US

No comments:

Post a Comment