Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Find your inner Funkalicious.

Jump In The Line
I think I've posted about jog.fm (www.jog.fm) before. Oh. My. Goodness. How much fun is it? Or is it just me that's super obsessed with "crafting" playlists? With jog.fm, you can customize playlists based on your anticipated pace per mile. You can inject faster songs in the midst of slower ones to create interval workouts, blasting fast-paced stuff for tempo runs, driving rhythms for hill repeats, whatever tickles your fancy, you can build it. For a nerd like me, this is ultimate coolness. I'm such a dork that I try to make race day mixes that correspond mile by mile with the pace I'm shooting for, based on the course elevation, finish time I want, when I think I'll hit a wall and need a lift...it's definitely not the "mix-tape" of old. This is art!! Okay, maybe it is a little like mix-tapes, but so what?? (I admit to being a CRAZY mix-tape girl back in the day. I had them for every occasion. Surprised??)

That said, my latest creation had me happily clicking away the miles this morning. I'm planning to use it as a base for the upcoming relay I'm running in San Diego in which my team is called (drumroll goes here) "Forty and Funky." So here's a peek at my Funkalicious new playlist, along with my commentary as an awesome bonus. A little bit old school, a little bit alternative funk...kind of like me. Enjoy!

Funkalicious Playlist

Beautiful Day - U2

Rolling In the Deep - Adele

Rio - Duran Duran

Call Me - In This Moment (What a ROCKING version of this Blondie song!)

It's Still Rock and Roll to Me - Billy Joel

Any Way You Want It - Journey

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

Blow - Ke$ha (I absolutely HATED this song until they played it in the "Chuck" episode where Alexi/Hadley's mom blew up her own house. Awesome!)

Vertigo - U2

Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons (Warning: this one has a really bad word in the chorus, so they say it a lot. Do not dance around the kitchen to it when your kids are present. Sorry!!)

The Cave - Mumford & Sons

Firework - Katy Perry (I have a love/hate relationship with this song. Sometimes I DETEST it and skip it, sometimes I love it. Today it worked.)

Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride - Jump5 (Just because it's fun and is perfectly safe to dance around in the kitchen with your kids to.)

Barbra Streisand - Duck Sauce (The absolute stupidity and banality of this song make it completely hysterical to me. Plus it has a fun little groove.)

Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones

Woman - Wolfmother

Here in this Moment - Beckah Shae

Jump in the Line - Harry Belafonte (A strange addition? This song carried me through a nasty spot at mile 19 of a marathon when I thought I would NOT make it. I must've kept it on repeat for at least 3 miles...)

Assassin - Muse

You've Got the Love - Florence + the Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment