

I am not sure why it is that this happens to me, but it seems like everytime I start to LOVE something related to my running, the manufacturer either changes it or gets rid of it altogether. I've talked about this issue before. It's as if they test market something on me, discover that I like it, and immediately must get it off the market. Take Luna Splash, for instance. Luna, by Clif bar, came out with an electrolyte drink made especially for women. It had added calcium, iron and B-vitamins, was organic and had a fabulous pink grapefruit flavor that I loved. It was out about 5 minutes, long enough for me to declare it the ONLY thing I'd drink, and then it was gone. Just like that.
You see, I am notoriously picky about my electrolyte drink. I can't stand anything overly sweet and sticky. I get that I need carbs, but drinks with too much sugar make me feel like my throat is closing up on me. Besides, I like to deliver my carbs in the form of gel, so my sports drinks need to just back off. I also hate anything with TOO much flavor or that comes in an unnatural shade of neon. Sorry, but I don't want that much artificial color and flavor in my body when I'm pushing it to it's limits.

When Luna Splash went away, I started trying every electrolyte drink I could get my hands on in an effort to find a replacement. It's been almost a year and I've FINALLY found something I like, perhaps even better. Hold onto your hats people and get ready to buy it up in mass quantities in case they stop making it, too...it's
Nuun! No sugar, just electrolytes, and the tabs pop right into your water bottle so there's no messy powder to mix. The original Citrus Fruit is not bad, but I'm especially jazzed about the brand new Strawberry Lemonade. It rocks. The flavor is light and NOT overpowering, AND, since there's no added sugar, I can be in charge of what carbs I want to take (or not take) along. Which means if I want to Roctane myself into orbit, I don't have to worry about upsetting my stomach with cross-carbtamination from my sports drink. Cool.
In case you're wondering, I am in no way affliated with Nuun or any other product manufacturer that I talk about on my Blog. Hardly anyone sends me free samples to review, so I'm not even swayed by freebie insanity. I just happen to like sharing when I find awesome stuff.
 |
Oh, and PS, I am notoriously picky about my gels, too. If the GU people get wind of this post and decide to stop making Roctane since I mentioned it, I will freak out. So, shush! Keep that on the down low.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment