Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Moving on up.

I'm thrilled to say my oldest son's school fundraisers are going great. He is so precious and excited about doing it, and tells EVERYONE he meets what he's doing and asks if they'd like to donate. With his fantastic help, I am definitely going to hit my $1500 goal, so I'm going to be rockin' and rollin' the full marathon in San Deigo! Woohoo!!

Yesterday the practice run was 6 miles. We thought it might rain us out again, but we were lucky enough that the storm decided to wait until we were done before dumping. I'm slowly moving back up into higher mileage again, but I know I have to really start to bump it up if I'm ever going to make that long 26.2 in June! Today's run was nice and easy, out in the citrus groves in Riverside. It's feeling pretty good to get back to the longer runs again, although I'm definitely feeling nervous about the big runs coming up in the next months. My longest run to date has been just under 15 miles, so 20 is sounding like a lot!! I just have to stay focused on what I'm doing NOW and worry about the long stuff coming up when I get to it.

This week I'm planning to get in some hill work and intervals early in the week, with a rest on Thursday and cross-train day on Friday. It's a bit off from my usual schedule, but we have a busy week and I have to squeeze in what I can when I can! Next weekend I will be running solo for an 8-miler. Got to be home in time for an early first-of-season little league baseball game. Can't miss that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment