I had a so-so run today on the dreadmill. I really dislike treadmill running, but it's a necessary evil when you have young kids (who are incidently out of school on Christmas break!), a busy weekday schedule and a short amount of time to run. The best part of the 4-miles was that I had not just one, but TWO new Podrunner podcasts to listen to. I discovered Podrunner about five months ago and I totally love it. It's basically fixed-bpm music mixes that are perfect for running. I find the steady tempo really helps me keep my pace nice and even. There are tons and tons of them, so you can always find a new one to throw into your playlist, and there's nothing better to me than fresh tunes to keep me motivated (especially on that treadmill!). The best part? Podrunner mixes are FREE!! That's right, I said free. If you want to check them out, you can go directly to the website at www.djsteveboy.com/mixes.html , or if you have iTunes, you can subscribe to the podcasts.
I'll probably try to squeeze in two more runs this week and get another 8 miler in on Saturday. After that it's time to ramp back up to race mileage again!! I'll check in again after the long run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment