Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cutback to 6.5 miles

Yesterday I had a wonderful run with my friend from last season's TNT team, Richele. We met up with the Spring Team to sort of follow their route along a really beautiful stretch of an old road in Riverside. Flat with lots of HUGE trees and some citrus groves, stretches of the run felt almost as if we were running out in the country instead of smack in the middle of a bustling city. It was cool and clear out, a gorgeous day to run, and Richele and I laughed and chatted the whole way. Although I made a big step-down in mileage from the previous weekend's 13, I felt I needed to back off a bit and have some recovery time. I don't want to burn out on the high mileage too soon, with the next half marathon still well over a month away. This run reminded me how much fun running is and how relaxing and refreshing it can be. Can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment