Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Orange Grove 8 miler

Today I met up with a bunch of Team in Training friends for an 8 mile run in a beautiful old part of Riverside. It was fantastic to run with this great group...Coach Steve, Taylor, Dustin, Paul, Rose...good friends make the runs go by so fast. We did a really nice course from Washington Park along Victoria and through the orange groves. I like running over in that part of town. It feels very pastoral, not at all like an urban run. I had my new capris and Surf City shirt on that I got for Christmas and liked both very much. (Thanks, Mikey!!) The shirt is by Greenlayer (http://www.green-layer.com) and I really loved it. Long sleeves, and great moisture-wicking, but somehow still able to cut the breeze and keep me warm without overheating. It's destined to become a favorite for sure. After the run, we did some speedwork drills with Coach Steve...high knees and butt-kickers and sprints. A fun morning with fun people. Just the way I like my long runs, and a nice way to work off all that Christmas turkey I ate yesterday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment