Yesterday I ran 13 miles with the IE Running Club. It was POURING rain and chilly and I wasn't planning to go the whole way since my next half marathon isn't until February, but my pace group was great and I was having a good run so I went for it. I was doing fine through the run, but when we were done and suddenly stopped moving, I was shivering in the cold rain. I ran for the car, wrapped up in a towel and turned up the heat!!! After getting home to a hot shower and some hot coffee, I spent a good amount of time stretching. Surprisingly, I was no where NEAR as sore this morning as I was after the Long Beach half marathon. In fact, I feel pretty darn good. Not only that, but Mike tells me I am now officially 'hardcore' after slogging through a soggy 13 mile run during a downpour!!
My watch started doing some weird things during the run (it's SUPPOSED to be an Ironman, but it's pretty averse to being wet) but I think I came in somewhere around 2:50. For a run in extremely poor weather conditions, I'm really happy with that. Especially considering how good I feel today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment