Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Monday, April 8, 2013

Plank challenge winner.

For those of you that have been doing the plank pose along with me each night, how did it go?? I hope some of you will share. Did you make it all the way to 2 minutes?

I did better than I expected, but wow, after about 70 seconds, it started to get REALLY hard. I admit that after 90 seconds, I was having to alternate between a regular low plank and a knee plank position in order to hold it. For the final day at 120 seconds, I ended up switching to the knee position for about the last 40 seconds. That said, I feel fantastic about the effort. I can now hold a regular low plank position for much longer than I ever could before, and I've gotten into the habit of doing it each and every evening. Now I'd like to dial it back to one minute holds and start adding in some side planks.

You know what else is cool? My youngest son was helping me time myself for the last week, and now he is getting down and trying to do it along with me. If I inspire my kids to be more fit, even in small ways, that makes me really happy.

And now, the winner of the Plank Challenge Salonpas Super Awesome Goody Bag: Comment #2, Kristi Anderson! Kristi, I will be in touch to get you connected with your prize! Thanks to everyone who participated along with me and helped to keep me inspired and motivated. I would definitely love to run another challenge soon.

Told you it would be an awesome prize pack!

What kind of challenge would you like to participate in next?


No comments:

Post a Comment