I am pretty much a rule follower. I admit it. I am that goody-two-shoes that doesn't feel comfortable parking for 20 minutes in a 15 minute space. I don't like moving up to the wrong seats at sports events or concerts just because the seats are closer and no one is sitting in them. The thought of banditing a race mortifies me, and I don't like the idea of buying someone else's bib if the race has no transfers, either. I know, I know. Lots of people view most of those things as "no big deal", and I'm not bashing any one else's morals or point of view. I'm just saying that personally, I am a rules gal.
So it kind of freaked me out when I read a Facebook post from Run Like a Mother from a gal in Wisconsin that was "pulled over" by police while she was out for a run. She was running on the plowed road instead of the sidewalks, which were covered in snow. Apparently, there is a city ordinance where she lives that says pedestrians cannot be on the roadway when there is a sidewalk. Even though she was running, and the sidewalk was inaccessible due to snow?? That seems bizarre to me, but just because I am a "rules follower", I went and checked for any similar ordinances in my area. Thankfully I didn't find any, but I'm interested to know if there are any other places out there with similar rules!
Does your town have any unusual ordinances?
Have you ever been "pulled over" by police while out for a run?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment