
I started out sort of okay, feeling like I was in slow-motion, but managing to do the high knees and butt kicks. The high skips gave me some trouble, whether from my lack of coordination or my lack of recall on how to actually skip, I'm not sure. The toughest for me turned out to be the strides. The first sets were supposed to be at 80% speed. Okay, I don't know exactly what that is. I feel like I'm either going slow or pushing hard and I don't really know where my middle gear is. Before we started I asked about this and was told I should be going fast, but still have an awareness of what I was doing and ability to adjust my form and stride, plus have a little bit left in me. Okay, I thought I could do that, but apparently not. By the last 80% effort stride set, I was wearing out. The 100% effort set left me quivering and dry heaving, and by the last one I collapsed to the ground. So THAT is what it feels like to be entirely spent with nothing left. Wow.

It felt good, but awful at the same time. I like to push myself hard. Pushing until every muscle was screaming and I couldn't get air and my legs literally wouldn't obey my mind felt awful, but like I'd accomplished something. Today I can barely walk. My calves are like hard little knots. My hip flexors can barely make my legs move. It hurts to sneeze. Still, I managed a (slow) swim workout today. What's really sick is, I can't wait for next week! I think it's because I have the most awesome workout buddies to push me, encourage me and tell me how cool it is when you RTYP*. They make me keep going even when I think I'm going to barf, and that is true friendship.
So here's to the drills and strides. Improving form, speed and making me mentally stronger. I will be fearless, and you should stand back. I might throw-up on your shoes.
![]() |
| I think maybe I need this. |

No comments:
Post a Comment