Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Light Up The Sky

Now that the time change has finally happened, we are getting to see the sunrise again during early morning runs. This is one of my favorite things about running early. The last several months, we missed the sunrise by almost an hour because we run so early on the early days that it was still DARK when we got done. Never having been a morning person prior to starting my "running life," sunrises were not something I used to be excited about being awake for. I have learned to love them. The song "Light Up The Sky" by The Afters always goes through my head when I start to see those first pinkish orange hues heralding the coming sunshine. Sunrise is such a renewal, symbolically as well as literally. "A brand new day that's never been touched," as one of my friends likes to say. Being one of the people that gets to glimpse that first hazy, colorful light feels special. And knowing I got to see it AND get my run in feels amazing.

2 comments:

  1. So cool that you can run with the sunrise! :) I love this song, too....put it on my blog a few weeks back. Enjoy your runs and maybe one of these days, I can join you. His mercies are new every morning....praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am so NOT a morning person! I would LOVE to be tho... maybe getting to SEE a sunrise would HELP me with that!! HAHA!! Right now we have NO window coverings and so SUNRISES are AMAZING... but I am all snuggled up IN my bed!! HAHA!! I am NOT sure I could RUN at that time of day... =)

    ReplyDelete