I am excited to say that I the speedwork I've been doing lately seems to be paying off. I entered a 5k Turkey Trot for Thanksgiving and shaved over a minute off my best time! I came in 19th in my age group...sure it was a small race, but I will totally take that! My knee didn't hurt at all and, in fact, I felt great! Things are looking up for Vegas! I'm saying prayers and keeping everything crossed that my 10-mile training run this weekend goes well. I am ready to cut it short at 8 miles if things don't go well, but really hoping I can pull off the whole 10 miles.
Oh, and just a note, the Plymouth Rock n Run Turkey Trot at Yorba Regional Park is a great little race. I highly recommend it for next year if you're thinking about a Turkey Trot in the OC/IE area. It's small (I'm guessing maybe 1200 people-ish?), but chip timed, and extremely well organized. They had water bottles at the finish, and a food table with bananas, oranges, brownies, cookies, muffins, and more. There was live jazz music and all kinds of nice door prize gift baskets, too. Parking wasn't bad, and traffic was a breeze. This race is definitely going on my to-do list for next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment