Last Saturday we were on a cutback week, so our weekend long run was only slated for 10 miles. What I didn't bank on was that it would be 10 of the hardest miles I'd ever run! We followed most of the course for the Run Through Redlands race that was supposed to happen on Sunday. Although it was a GORGEOUS run with lots of beautiful homes, scenery and landscapes to look at, the hills were crazy steep. I was out on an early start with one of our wonderful Team run/walkers, so we kept a really easy pace, and that is probably what allowed me to keep going at all!! If you want to see the course route and elevation, you can see it here: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3623664. Running up Rossmont alone was like rock climbing up asphalt. I am pretty sure there were people repelling down as we went up!!
The good news is, I know that running hills does make me stronger!! That thought alone helped keep me pushing. I was incredibly sore afterwards, so that also reminded me I was working my muscles hard and building them up. That said, and in spite of the beautiful overlooks, I think I'd rather not run through Redlands again for a while. Give me time to forget how steep those hills really were!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You already know where I stand on those hills... blech!
ReplyDelete--Jamie