Wow. We're just about 6 weeks out from the marathon date, and the mileage is starting to really crank up. My weekly runs are up to 6 or 7 miles at a time, and that's far more than I've ever done during a weekly run. This weekend I'll do 16 miles for the first time. Coming up May 15 will be the longest run we'll do pre-race. 20 miles. I have to be honest, it seems a little scary right at this moment, but I know when it gets here I'll be able to do it.
Twenty miles is a big deal for me. I remember when 5 miles seemed daunting, now I'll be doing 4 times that much!! To celebrate this coming major milestone, I have set a goal for myself of getting to $2,000 in fundraising for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by the 20 mile run. So by May 15th, I need just over $150 more. That's TOTALLY doable. That's just 15 people giving $10, or 30 people giving $5. My youngest son just gave me two pennies he found in his pocket, so I've already got just $149.98 to go! You can click on the widget on the right over there, or here: http://pages.teamintraining.org/ocie/rnr10/jresch to check on my progress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment