Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

To my support team

I want to take a moment to say THANK YOU to all the friends and family who have supported me in this crazy endeavor I've taken on to become a runner. To all those who have donated to my Team in Training cause, you are AWESOME and I would not be where I am today without your amazing generosity. You are helping me run AND helping to fund a cure for blood cancer!! I appreciate you so much.

I also owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to my wonderful family. Without my husband's unfailing support, I would not be able to do what I'm doing. He keeps the boys entertained every Saturday morning so that I can get my long runs in, and he never complains or gets irritable about it. He also works to arrange his travel schedule so he's always home for my Saturday runs. He and the boys are my constant cheerleaders, never failing to ask me when I walk in the door, "How was your run?!" Not only that, but no matter how crowded, parking challenged, boring or otherwise uninteresting a race I'm doing might be for them, they always want to be there to scream "Go MOM! We love you!" from the sidelines. Words cannot express how grateful and blessed I feel to have this kind of encouragement and love.

I've kept my runs easy this week with the race coming up on Sunday. It was supposed to rain, but thanks to the storm moving a bit faster than anticipated, it's looking like the rain will hit Friday and Saturday, clearing up by Sunday. Whatever the weather, I'm sure it'll be a great day to run. I'll be ready because I have an awesome team of supporters behind me. Thank you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment