Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Challenge update

Whew! It's been a busy week and getting busier! Yesterday was our second team practice for the Summer season, and it didn't rain on us!! The weather report looked bleak, but the sun even peeked out on us for our 45 minute run. I didn't run in my new shoes because I didn't want them to get wet in case it DID rain (I know, they're going to get thrashed eventually, but I wanted to do it gradually instead of all in one run!) It was a nice run, if a little short, but I'm easing back into my miles slowly. I have plenty of time before the big race in June!

Speaking of which, I know this might be considered cheating a little, but I'm going to extend my $1500 fundraising challenge until March 15th. Why, you ask? Well, my fantastic 7-year old son is putting together a fundraising event through his school. He's going to get up in front of the whole school and tell them all about Team in Training and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Then he's going to offer "Love Bears" for sale. All of this was TOTALLY his idea, and he even scheduled the meeting with his principal to propose his plans. I'm so touched and proud of him. He's a pretty amazing kid. So...since his event isn't until March 5th (and because it takes about a week for brand new donations to clear the fundraising account), I wanted to push my date out a little further to give him a chance to participate. That means there is $636 (this includes some donations that haven't cleared as of today but have been submitted!) to go and 22 days. I know we can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment