This practice being the first, we only ran for about half an hour. Since I'm still "technically" on recovery from the Surf City run, I figured this was okay. Our coach said I should be fine to keep my long runs relatively short for a while as long as I'm keeping my weekday runs up around 4-5 miles, which I am. So it'll be a few weeks before I up to longer runs again on Saturday. It's a good break for my body.
Meanwhile, my super incredibly awesome husband bought me new running shoes for Valentine's Day!! I'm so lucky and blessed to be married to a man who knows me so well! We went to A Snail's Pace and I got refit. After trying a bunch of shoes, Nikes, Addidas, New Balance, Brooks and Mizuno, I finally settled on Mizuno Wave Riders. They are MUCH lighter than my old Nike Max Motos, though I thought they were not as cushiony. After running in the Mizunos yesterday, I've decided they have a lot more cushion than I thought, and they have a great ride! I really like them, and had my fastest mile ever while running in them! Not sure if that was the shoes or just me being excited to run again after "resting" for a bit. Haha! We'll see if I still like the shoes when the miles get longer...
No comments:
Post a Comment