I wish I had a better update on my knee injury. It is still likely a torn meniscus, based on Urgent Care and my wonderful Chiro/ART therapist's evaluations. I have not been able to get in for the second MRI yet. Gotta love HMO's! The bad news is, just about every form of cardio is still too painful. I can't do anything that requires impact or too much bending of my knee. The good news is, in the almost two weeks that I've been "resting" it (as in, not running or doing any weight bearing cardio) I have regained a great deal of my range of motion. I can bend it much further than I could two weeks ago. It still makes an awful clicking, crunching sound when I bend it, but I can bend it further before it starts to be uncomfortable. I can also walk almost normally, though a bit stiff legged on that side, without using those hateful crutches.
I'm trying to stay positive...meniscus tears are a common injury and lots of people get back to sports after recovering. I will run again. I am using this time to strength train, which is something I've needed to add in to my training for a long time. I will come back stronger. I know this.
The hardest part for me right now is not knowing how long I will be sidelined. As a goal oriented person, I feel like having a date to look towards would be helpful. On the other hand, part of me is afraid to face how far out that date might be. Maybe it'll be soon. Maybe not. I will finally see an associate at my Primary Care doctor's office on Monday. Hoping for some positive feedback...
What are some ways you have coped when sidelined with injury? What kinds of cross training did you do? I need ideas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment