I'm still here!! I haven't updated in a while because things in my life suddenly got really busy...BUT, I am still running. I'm almost finished with my second round of physical therapy, and they have finally given me the go ahead to up my mileage. HOORAY!!! I've been slowly moving higher, though I still have to watch myself on the hills because the ups and downs can cause the pain to flare up. I'm running with the Winter Team in Training team as an assistant coach this season and next weekend we'll be at 6 miles for our long run. I feel as if I'm starting all over again because I haven't been able to keep up my long run distances. The upcoming 6 will be the furthest I've run since injuring myself at the marathon in June. Not to mention that my speed has taken a plunge, too, and I'm back to plodding at a much slower pace than I was hoping to be at by now. Still, I've rekindled my motivation by launching myself into a new challenge. In October, I'll be doing half marathons on back-to-back weekends. That's right. Sunday, October 17th, I'll be running the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco, and the very next Sunday, the 24th, I'll be running the Inagural LA Rock N' Roll half. Am I crazy?? Most likely. But I apparently thrive on pushing myself to see how far I can go. I'm totally excited!! Now if I can just get through some of these hills in training...
I'll catch up again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment