Quote of the moment...

"Remaining positive really is one of the most precious faculties for any athlete."- Chrissie Wellington

Friday, August 20, 2010

1000 miles/100 miles

I am very excited to post today to say that I've surpassed 1000 miles of running logged on Nike+!! That's a looooong way!! Wooohooo!!

I've also been released from Physical Therapy! I suppose this is a good thing, although I must admit I have been REALLY grateful for the massage therapy I've been getting there. Having someone who can pinpoint and really understand the musculature where the discomfort is has been fantastic. I will miss that, and I probably need to find a good sports massage therapist. I am still having latent pain...it doesn't hurt WHEN I run (except a little in the first mile) but it does hurt AFTER I run. It's improved to be more annoying than hindering, so they just told me to stretch well and ice it. Guess we'll see what happens once I really start to click up the mileage. This weekend will be just 6, so nothing too strenuous. Yet.

Now for the 100 mile part of the post. I recently started a part-time job working for a division of a private school. They asked me, as part of my position, to take on the role of head coach for a 100 Mile Club. This is a really fantastic program that I'm totally excited to be involved with! Basically, it encourages kids to set a goal of running (or walking) 100 miles total over the course of the school year, and they earn cool incentives along the way. I truly, truly enjoy encouraging others to run, so I think this is something I will really enjoy. We will be kicking it off soon, so I'll be sure to post updates on how things are going. Check out more about the 100 Mile Club or sponsor a child to run at www.100mileclub.com/sponsorinfo.html.

I'll post after tomorrow's sixer and let you all know how the hip holds up!

No comments:

Post a Comment