I haven't written much lately because I've been feeling a little blue. The marathon really threw my hip out of whack and I was recently diagnosed with a bad flare up of piriformis syndrome. The piriformis muscle has knotted itself up and caused, literally, a giant pain in my butt. The sciatic nerve runs right behind (or through, in some people) the piriformis muscle, so when that muscle becomes agitated in any way, it can impinge on the nerve. So...I'm scheduled for a few weeks of physical therapy and for the moment they've asked that I not run. I'm trying to swim, elliptical, walk, do other less high impact activities, but it's making me crazy. And a little down in the dumps.
In an effort to keep my chin up, I've been reading a very funny book...The Runner's Rule Book . It's got some actual good stuff in it, but is overall pretty tongue in cheek. I'm hoping a good laugh will keep me from losing my mind. For now. I will be back with an update soon, and hopefully it will be that I'm back out kicking the asphalt again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment